Thursday, April 21, 2011

TRULY MIXED!

THIRSTY THURSDAY: April 21, 2011




Today may be one of the most creative Thirsty Thursdays we will ever have! Why you ask???


What do you do when you have a handle of Jose Cuervo and just a few drops left of margarita mix?!
REACH FOR THE ICE POPS!!!! That's right...Ice Pops. Since Ice Pops are so amazing, I am going to capitalise "Ice Pops" throughout this entire blog...

For every mixed drink (1 shot) use 3 Ice Pops. I mean these things are so cheap, who doesn't mind using 3?! And who's gonna act like they secretly don't want to eat 3 Ice Pops every time they open the freezer anyways...so give me a break people!
So what you do is:


Pour your shot in a glass


next


Crush your Ice Pops...by any means possible
I chose beating the living daylights out of it against the kitchen counter (you can actually crush it with your hands but some parts are just too frozen for the fingers)


next


Squeeze the Ice Pops out into your glass and stir

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For my drink, I used 2 different flavors or "colors":       
2 green and 1 red


...this is what was born...

 a minute or 2 later...


With a mixture like this, the green and red colors are separated when it is first made and as you drink it (as the ice melts) the colors combine and I ended up with an orange drink. I thought that was pretty neato.

I have no idea if this idea has already been expressed or published by some other mind but I will say that this is certainly an idea that I will remember in the future!

THIS DRINK HAS NO NAME SO LEAVE YOUR IDEAS IN THE COMMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: