Wednesday, April 20, 2011

THREE LITTLE BIRDS

WELLNESS WEDNESDAY: 4/20





In the wake of this past weekends storms AND talking with a few of my closest friends about different issues that we all have been going through and dealing with, Ive thought alot about the effect that our outlook of our future has on our life and circumstances.  I am not the first to think of this of course. If you've ever been asked the question "Do you see the glass as half empty or half full?" then you know what I am talking about.

well how do you look at the glass that's half of something? I mean, your in the middle...aren't you.

The truth is, we can look at every situation we encounter with 2 different kinds of attitudes:

POSITIVE or NEGATIVE

Example: I was at work one day and my RF sound system was stolen out of my car in the bank's parking lot.

I. was. pissed. Ive had that system for 7 or 8 years and it still thumped!! I mean, this thing would flex the roof of my old SUV and now it was the only excellent thing about my not so excellent Honda (which I love btw)

But I reasoned with my anger... "think about this anger, I needed the trunk space to pack stuff in to get to California"

Easy right? not so easy but none the less it worked for the moment and I quickly got over it.

Now that is nothing compared to what people as I speak are dealing with. In Japan people are battling radiation not to mention the loss of loved ones and homes. Even in our own back yard on the West side of Fayetteville, NC people are dealing with the same thing as Tornadoes ripped through their homes and exposed their lives, their belongings, their treasures...their loved ones. My mom told me about a custodian with Cumberland County schools that lost her father, her son, and her home. Now who am I to tell this woman that the glass is half full.

The truth is I can only be a little bird to put it in her ear.

I have had my own bumps and potholes in my own path and have my own scars and blisters that have gotten me to point I am at now. See my path only gets more potholes and bumps and the incline gets steeper as I travel up this mountain called life. Understand that I have had to go through the pain of these things so I can become calloused and overcome the bigger obstacles that lay ahead of me. I am going to cross paths with people that look like they are having trouble and they may have a similar injury that I have had and the only way that they can make it to the summit of this life is if they have a little help from someone who understands. ("Understanding" is something to think about.)

A man told me one time, "when you get to that point that you can't go any further...go a little further"

...go a little further

have these things, faith, hope and love...."and the greatest of these is love"

Consider this people:  all our conversations are about what you or someone else is doing, going to do, have done, likes to do, likes to obtain...you get the picture. Life is about people and it is CRUCIAL that we recognize this. So be a bird of positivity passing the message of hope, faith and love!

I'll leave you with this,
We can look at life however we would like because there are infinite possibilities and infinite paths that you can take and claim as your own. Just remember to keep climbing and keep looking at your glass half full..even if you have nothing in your glass, you still have a glass, so go fill it up and give someone that is thirsty a drink!

"No one would remember the Good Samaritan if he only had good intentions"


2 comments:

  1. I love this: Even if you have nothing in your glass, you still have a glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be the first to say that I am guilty for complaining that all I have is an "empty glass"...but then I get "godsmacked" and realize that there is always going to be someone in a worse situation. It happens more than I'd like it to. lol...I'll work on that!

    ReplyDelete