Tuesday, April 26, 2011

ITS A 2 IN 1!

MELLOW MONDAY: April 25, 2011


Yesterday's Mellow Monday is actually on Tuesday with a combined blog. Monday, turned out to be somewhat eventful. I had planned to post after an open mic that I had attended at the Coffee Scene, which btw is very chill, but instead a friend and I played ambulance and took a friend to the hospital. Our friend that resembles Fergie made this weeks blog because she is one of the only people I know that can jam to club music at 3:00 a.m. while throwing up while being driven around a military base. That a way to keep it mellow!


If I can take a little bit to promo the Coffee Scene I will let you know that on Sunday nights they have poetry night and on Monday nights they have acoustic night. The sign up sheet is on the table about 630 to 645 and the mic opens up between 730 and 8. Grab a friend and a coffee and come chill this coming weekend. The good vibes are sure to rub off on you!


I played 3 songs this past Monday night and broke a string during the second song! It happened to be a song that I wrote while I was pissed off at a lady...karma? no, I think I was just playing with too much passion...lol....whatever the case, special thanks goes out to Nicole who let me play her guitar for my last song despite the obvious danger of her having her guitar returned to her broken. MERCIE!
_________________________________________________________________________________
TASTY TUESDAY: April 26, 2011


SAY HELLO TO THE KIWI!






For years the strawberry was my favorite fruit...until I discovered...the Kiwifruit or KIWI!!


Kiwi is a rich source of vitamin C, 1.5 times the DRI scale in the US. Its potassium content by weight is slightly less than that of a banana. It also contains vitamin E, and a small amount of vitamin A.The skin is a good source of flavonoid antioxidants. The kiwifruit seed oil contains on average 62% alpha-linolenic acid, an omega-3 fatty acid. Usually a medium size kiwifruit contains about 46 calories, 0.3 g fat, 1 g protein, 11 g carbohydrates, and 2.6 g dietary fiber found partly in the edible skin. Kiwi is often reported to have mild laxative effects, due to its significant level of dietary fiber.


Fun Fact about KIWI...Kiwifruit Day is on December 21....my birthday also happens to fall on that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment