Tuesday, April 12, 2011

3 Course Meal

Tasty Tuesday: April 12, 2011

Hola everybody! I'm in a siestive mood right now because I've just gotten back from Mi Casita, the best Mexican establishment in the south, besides South of the Border that is...

Anyway, we have a 3 Course meal that were going to get into. The first part of the meal takes us back to the place that I have just returned, Mi Casita!! I had lunch there today with 3 beautiful ladies, my mom, my sis and my niece Emmy B.  Anytime you go to this place, you have to get down on the legendary chips and salsa! My sister was runing late, so my mom and I, ran through that first bag of chips like America runs through its money...We had to ask for more and fast!...Tiff was on her way and we needed a chip bail out! Thank god those things are endless, another reason why this item has made its mark on todays menu! Apart from just being amazing, chips and salsa at Mi Casita opens a whole new realm to your salsalosophy. They now offer a free salsa bar which offers a wide variety of your favorite salsas to choose from. (take it from Moe's, it's a good idea). My favorite dip that they offer there is the cheese dip! Served hot, it melts you insides with warm cheesy love! Today, however, we enjoyed our chips with their house salsa and a side of sour cream...don't ask, just try please. :)   (courtesy of my sister)...

...Which brings us to our main course and also happens to be our recipe of the week! I got this recipe from my sister and some friends and I tried it out last night. IT IS CHEAP AND EASY AND IT. IS. DELICIOUS!

Macaroni Lasagna!

2 boxes of macaroni and cheese (any kind)  ($1.50 per box)
1 lb. of groud beef ($2.50)
1 pack Mozzarella cheese ($2.00)
1 jar spaghetti sauce ($2.00)
Bread (optioal) ($1.50)

This recipe feeds 4 and for 2 people just use 1 box of macaroni and cheese.

All you do is cook the macaroni and cheese, brown the hamburger and add a little spaghetti sauce for taste (not saucy). In a baking dish, layer half of the macaroni and cheese then half of the meat. Repeat and layer the top with as much Mozzarella as you want. I prefer lots! Pre heat your oven to 350 and bake until your cheese melts or until your liking. It will not take long because all the food is ALREADY cooked.
Trust me guys, this is a keeper!

At last we need something for desert! I for one, have brownies in the oven right now. My own special recipe.  I love them....chocolate motha fudge brownies. Wagner, your batch is also in the oven right now with mine. Happy birthday bro, I'll have em' shipped out to you tomorrow!

That does it for the 3 course meal: Mi Casita Chips and Salsa, Macaroni Lasagna and Choco Motha Fudge brownies!

Shout outs go out today to my mom, lunch is always interesting with you there! (especialy today lol I love you mom...next time remember your wallet :)) Also to my sis Tiff, thanks for the recipe! And to Jamie and Chass, thanks for preparing that bomb ass lasagna!

....delicious....

3 comments:

  1. To be fair, I got this recipe off a box of mac n cheese! But man, it is SOOOO good. I could probably eat it at least twice a week and not get tired of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True story Tiff! Its a fancy hamburger helper...and I love hamburger helper! Good recipe none he less!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A+ on the suggestion Tiff !

    ReplyDelete