Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Well...that wasn't as bad as I thought...

WELLNESS WEDnESDAY!: May 11, 2011



There was alot of hype about parts of I-40 being closed today and detours on the news and the internet...and trust me there should be. The river is pretty high...which reminds me, Bob Marley passed away 30 years ago today from malignant melanoma.  Here is one thing he has had to say...


"Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!"
Bob Marley
With 3 more days of driving alone you could say that I have a "pretty" long road ahead of me...but I intend pun...
Things will ALWAYS be rough if you constantly dwell on what you believe to be negative. Free your mind and think on things that are good.
So I will enjoy the beauty of the road  that I travel, think on things that are good and look forward to the sunset that awaits at the end of the path...
and with that, let's get back to the river...


I 40 was clear though and I didn't run into a storm until about an hour out of Oklahoma City.
Walked around Bricktown a little while this evening when I got here and caught a AAA baseball game.
Today was my longest drive of my 5 day trip but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be.
Albuquerque NM here I come.
Quote Ive often thought about during this trip:
Christopher McCandless wrote in a book before he died "Happiness only real when shared"

No comments:

Post a Comment