Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Chew on this...

Tasty Tuesday!: May 10, 2011

whew, what to say....LONG DAY!

I'm gonna make this quick...because I'm tired.

Dinner was delicious. Mainly because of the human contact after being on the road all day. The food was also delicious! I was on my way to this place called John A's, which is some kind of Irish bar/live music that has had some famous people stop in and share their 2 cents, but I passed this place called Caney Fork...I was like "WT"...with a name like that...they must have a seat for me...and they did...at the bar.

First I ordered a Michaloeb Ultra (my favorite)

Then, "she said" I'll get you some "corn fritters"...again, I was like...WT....then the bar tender was like..."Its a funnle cake"...AH BRING THEM OUT THEN!

The main course,  Caney Chicken...whats included in that?:
glad you asked...Chicken breast grilled to perfection covered with pepperjack cheese, onions, mushrooms and bacon. My sides were "campfire potatoes" (which are just potatoes cut into chunks  with grilled onions served over them) and brocolli...mmmmm brocolli!

Now even though they played only country music....I totally advise you to check this place out...they have a sweet bar! check em' out at   http://www.caneyforkfishcamp.com/  !!


Now Chew on this....Virginia Highway Patrol enforces the speed limit by AIRCRAFT...these signs are posted everywhere..."What is this, Need For Speed?!"

.....well, while I was searching for this "aircraft", I failed to see the unmarked Trooper J. Day sitting in the bushes....87 in a 70...he got me for wreckless driving and my court date is in June, in Virginia...looks like I'll be eating that one.

Tomorrow....OK CITY! GOOD NIGHT!!

2 comments:

  1. Man, I can't believe you didn't try any fried alligator. What's up with that? Now we might never know if it taste like chicken or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL oops...well I have had alligator bites at "The Back Door" in Hope Mills...at least thats what they claim those things are...sort of like chicken...and steak...

    ReplyDelete