Friday, May 20, 2011

Its Been A While...

FUN FACT FRIDAY!: May 20, 2011


WHATS UP EVERYBODY, I'm back or should I say, I have arrived. LETS GET THIS BLOG BACK ON AND POPPIN'!

Last week I took a road trip across the States from Hope Mills, NC to Los Angeles, CA.... Here are some fun facts about my trip:


Total Distance Driven: 2787 Miles

Max Speed: 98 mph

Total Road Time: 41 hrs 57 min

Avg. Speed: 71 mph

Total Speeding Tickets: 1 (VA Trooper J. Day, 87/70)

Total Pairs of Cheap Sunglasses Purchased from a gas station: 3 (they get cooler as you drive west)

Total cost of gas: $353.60

Total Days: 5

Stops: Nashville TN, OK City OK, Albuquerque NM, Grand Canyon AZ, Los Angeles CA

Car Driven: 1998 Honda Accord

CD of Choice: Big Wreck/ In Loving Memory Of...

Hotel At Grand Canyon: El Tovar (Oldest lodge at the canyon, was built when the railroad first arrived with timber from Oregon and Stones from the canyon. )

Points Of Interest: Bricktown (AAA baseball, Thunder Vs. Memphis), Meteor Crater, Walnut Canyon, Grand Canyon, Flood in Memphis/ARK

Tumble Weeds: Hit one in Arizona. A piece broke off in my grill and now I have a souvenir.

News: Soon after I arrived, "Teach Me How To Dougie" was shot dead 10 minutes away from here in Inglewood. Also some say that Judgement day is tomorrow May 21, 2011 (where do they get this stuff).

Storms Driven through: 1

NC plates spotted outside of the state: 1

Was it worth it: YES

I made it!
Thank you Jesus...now let's find a job!



p.s. see, you on SUNDAY FUNDAY!

1 comment:

  1. I love the video!!! Especially that first part ;) She misses you! As you know, she says "Uncle Chris" looking for you sometimes.

    ReplyDelete