Sunday, June 26, 2011

BrAiNsToRm

SUNDAY FUNDAY!: June 26, 2011


So it's Sunday but I have a problem. I have had too much Fun today........................................


...I know......How could I be having TOO much Fun...

......


....because I have a 1000 word essay due at 11:59 pm Pacific Time and I have just been having Fun ALL day!.....!

So in an attempt to get started here at 6:29 p.m. I am going to get creative.
I was logging, BACK,  in to my online class a few minutes ago for about the millionth time today and I knew in my mind that I had to get started and I had to brainstorm. So to make this work more interesting, I am going to BrAiNsToRm while blogging...or...make my blog a BrAiNsToRm....I think I am gonna go ahead and call this blog..."BrAiNsToRm"... .... .... .... ..... do you know how long it takes to pause and type..."BrAiNsToRm".....yea...takes a little bit.

Ok so my assignment is this:

-I have to select an ethnic group to which I belong: Ok, so I know for sure that I have English and Cherokee. English isn't an ethnic group though. It's an origin. But, White, IS considered an ethnic group, since that is my only option I can select on any survey that's given to me. There is a Native American option, but I'm mix, so...could I choose the "more than one" option on this stuff...stuff like the census. I mean, I have white skin but....were talking ethnicity here lol...ah its all ridiculous if you ask me...ok lets get on with it...

-If I belong to more than one group, I have to choose one that I most identify with or one that I want to know more about: Ok, so I have already written an essay on Cherokee in this class since that is what I was the most interested in. I guess English it is...or White in this case.

-I have to decide if my ethnic group colonized or if it immigrated to the United States: We definitely colonized the United States and took out the Natives. I guess that makes me a product of a Pocahontas and John Smith story...lol...

-Did we face prejudice, segregation, racism, or any combination of the three? We were involved in segregation from African Americans and also racism. Not only them, but also with Japanese.

-If so, how and why? Hmmm this should be the interesting part...Back in the day we all had separate water fountains and bathrooms and seats on the bus and churches. We took away Chinese rights. We took away Native Americans rights. Man it seems like we were taking away everbodys rights. Why? hmm.... power hungry? Greed for the land? Fear of the unknown people? Maybe they thought that someone would outrun forest gump lol...

I'm just glad it's not like that nowadays. There's things we can learn from each other I'd hate to be classified as a dude that wears tights and fluffy shirts...SOOMEBODY along the way FINALLY taught those white dudes  how to dress.

-Was the group affected by any of the following forms of discrimination, or did it participate in any of the following forms of discrimination? If so, describe: * Dual labor market * Environmental justice issues * Affirmative action * Redlining * Double jeopardy * Institutional discrimination * Reverse discrimination * Glass ceiling, glass walls, or glass escalator: Ok, so I did a paper in high school about Affirmative action so I am definitely going to include some thoughts on that subject. Reverse discrimination kind ties in with Affirmative action.

-Do you culturally identify more with the ethnic group you examined, with United States mainstream culture, or with both equally? That is a no brainer. Ive always been culturally identified as white. I mean it takes me a while to get a tan, know what I'm sayin'....my sister got the benefit of those genes....thanks Tiff...btw you don't look Cherokee Tiff....you definitely look like an Asian....
But to the United States mainstream.... I am white...

Ok now I have to go look up some sources.....It is now 7:13 pm....I have 5 hours...let's see how Fun this Sunday can REALLY be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ONWARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment